5 key lesson of Book "The Magic of Thinking Big" By David J. Schwartz | Book summary


Book Summary of "The Magic of Thinking Big" :

In this article, we are going to talk about 5 key lessons from the magic of thinking big. The purpose of this book is to explain that it is very important to think big to live a big life. Case history proved that the size of bank accounts, the size of happiness accounts, and the size of someone’s general satisfaction account is dependent on the size of one’s thinking. There is magic in thinking big.

Lesson No 1: Believe you can succeed and you will

Belief, the “ “I'm positive I canattitude generates power, skill and energy needed to do. The how-to-do-it always comes to the person who believes he can do it. The “I'm positive I can” attitude is POWERFUL. If we believe that we can become a professional football player, If we believe we can become a millionaire, if we believe we can achieve big things in life then we will achieve big things in life. We must first BELIEVE that it’s possible. To achieve anything, it is necessary to believe. 

Lesson No 2: Stop Making Excuses

You will find that the more successful the individual the less inclined he is to make excuses. Maybe you see the fellow who has gone nowhere and has no plans for getting anywhere always has a beautiful book full of reasons to explain why. Persons with mediocre accomplishments are quick to explain why they haven't, why they can't and why they aren't. Do you often say things like?


"I'm just too tired to work out today... I'll do it tomorrow".

"I'm too young too.."

"I'm too old to get started..."

"I've never done this before.."

"I don't feel like doing this today.."

"I'm just not smart enough.."

"I'm just never lucky.."

"This is really hard.."

"I don't have enough money for this..."


It's always the mediocre people, the people who aren't getting anywhere in life always has a beautiful book full of reasons to explain. They are stuck in this mindset which is why they are not successful. This is the reason and difference between poor and rich.

Lesson No 3: Don't underestimate yourself

Most people think they can't do this and can't do that. They see themselves as smaller than they are. They have too low self-esteem. I'm sure you know a few people smarter, more qualified, or even better at the job. So why they are in a higher position? Simple it's because They think more highly of themselves. They think they can do the job. They think, in fact, that they can do the job better than other people. They don't suffer from self-deprecation. They don't see themselves as smaller they are. They don't think that others are better. They believe they are great. In other words: They don't underestimate themselves. They have higher self-esteem.

Lesson No 4: Speak Big and Positive words

When you speak or write you are, in a sense a projector showing movies in the mind of others. And the pictures you create determine how you and others react. Suppose you tell a group of people, I'm sorry to report we've failed. They see defeat and all the disappointment and grief the word "failed" coveys. Instead of ensuring, they will advise you to keep trying. Our mind doesn't think in words. It thinks in pictures, images and movies. The words we use are translated into images/movies by the mind. When we say "pink elephant", our mind shows us a picture of a pink elephant. When we say "dolphins", "pool", Our mind translates these words into pictures of dolphins, a pool, and a tunnel.

Lesson No 5: Take care of your appearance

Always remember one thing that your appearance "talks". Be sure it says positive things about you. The well-dressed person's appearance says positive things. It tells people, here is an important person intelligent, prosperous, and dependable. This man can be looked up to, admired, trusted. If you want to make a more genuine and friendly impression on someone, then chances are much better that others will approach you.


These were the 5 key lessons from the book "The Magic Of Thinking Big". Make sure now you will always think big.

Post a Comment

0 Comments